Well, day 3 brought continued improvement although seemed to have a few more ups and downs. Steve’s bottom ribs hurt a lot (the Dr. said that was to be expected based on the amount of work they had to do under there) but even so he was able to not only sit up, but took a walk around this wing of the hospital. He had a regular entourage, what with Joelle and me as the fan club, the physical therapist, the man from the lift team and lots of equipment holding the various things still attached to him
:-)
The other big event of the day was that Steve was allowed to have a few popsicles, which he was actually thrilled about!
Everyone had a good nights sleep. This morning Steve’s ribs feel some better and he’s using the epidural pump less and less though the continuous drip continues. On the agenda for today are TWO sessions of sitting up and walking around and he also gets to start on a liquid diet. Hooray for Jello!
Thank you for your continuing support, love and prayers.
hugs, ~ Keren
Jello! That will get him back on his feet real quick. Very happy to hear the good news. How much more time do the doctors think it will be before Steve gets to go home?
ReplyDeleteHey - I am so glad to hear things are progressing. As I read about him eating a popsicle and taking short walks it took me back to my memory and had the same feelings I had a little over a year ago. It sounds things are going better than expected which is always a huge blessing. I found myself praying for Steve about a dozen times the day of his surgery. Keep up the great work and give Steve a word of encouragement from me...although I think we only met once - we are bonded!
ReplyDelete