When he sat up today the improvement over yesterday was amazing. He was much stronger and the maneuver took much less effort on his part. He sat there for an hour or so and finally asked to lay back down out of a mixture of being tired and being bored just sitting there. Tomorrow we’re going to play some cards and he thinks he’ll get on the computer for awhile. Maybe he’ll write here on the blog tomorrow!
So, all in all we are SO thankful for the steady progress we see in all areas. He’s still not allowed anything to eat or drink but was allowed a couple of ice chips every few hours today. He most misses coffee and Coke Zero :-)
Joelle and I are tag teaming “shifts.” I slept like a log for 7 hours on the chair/bed here in the room last night while she sat with Steve. Today she slept at the hotel all day today while I spent the day with him. Now I’m about to go to sleep and she’s up with Steve for the night. It’s working out very well with both of us rested and glad to be able to take care of him. We had a nice evening all together watching “American Idol” by the flickering light of our battery operated candles. Quite cozy actually :-) and a great example that home really is where the heart is!
We remain grateful for your love, encouragement and prayers.
Love you all,
~ Keren
No comments:
Post a Comment