Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 5th ~ Quiet Day, Resting

Just a quick update.  Steve has slept most of today, after being in crisis mode all day yesterday.  He  can’t manage the stairs right now so we slept downstairs last night, and that’s still home base for him right now.  He can walk 10 or so steps to the bathroom and 15 or so steps to the family room but that leaves him winded, even with oxygen.  I’m giving him twice a day injections of a blood thinner (Lovenox) that’s intended to dissolve the clots in his lungs.

 I’ve  been talking with the hospice nurse throughout the day and they’ll be coming out tomorrow giving us today to rest and recoup.  We can call 24 hrs a day if there are any changes in his symptoms.  There will probably be more to post after her visit.

2 comments:

  1. Keren, Tell Steve I'm thinking of him daily and hope he eventually gets his strength back. I appreciate the updates. It's so nice the family can all be together at this time. George McKee

    ReplyDelete
  2. George, I read him your comment and he asked me to tell you thank you. It's so great that you all have a lifetime of history together.

    ReplyDelete