First I want to say how very much all your support means now, more than ever. Your prayers, cards, emails, messages, calls, visits, and offers to help mean so very much and really are a bright spot in many a day. Also, thank you for your understanding when Steve hasn’t felt up to visits lately or when I haven’t returned calls or emails. Please know that I read everything to Steve and tell him about each call and you are being such a comfort to us and the girls.
A truly bright spot this week … On July 28th our new little grandson was born to Jenna and Brian ~ Landon Sage Taliaferro ~ 8lbs. 7oz. and 22in. If you’re on Facebook you’ve seen many pictures, but for those of you not on that I’ll post a picture of him here when they bring him down to meet Steve this week. Joelle stayed with Steve the day Landon was born so I could run up there for a few hours, and then she (Joelle) went up and spent time with them on Friday. Brian and Jenna are bringing Landon down to meet Steve this week. Our hearts are warmed and thankful as we experience Jenna and Brian, Joelle, Samantha, Molly and now dear, beautiful Landon. I have truly been overwhelmed with God’s glory, goodness and grace this week, even in the middle of all we’re going through.
Now for writing a more difficult part of this post … there’s just no way to put a positive spin on what’s happening to Steve’s body now. He continues to loose weight and find it even more difficult to keep anything down, even with anti nausea meds (Zophran) and increased paid meds (Dilaudid). On a good day he eats maybe one Ensure, a few saltines maybe a poached egg or two, and a little juice or water. He can walk, with difficulty, the 5 or 10 steps to the family room where he’s comfortable sitting or laying down for sometimes an hour or two before he goes back to bed. On better days I wheel him outside where he enjoys sitting on the patio for short periods of time. With increased pain meds he has very little to no actual pain.
Our wonderful hospice nurse continues to visit twice a week and more if needed. I made several extra calls in the last week and they’ve been so helpful.
We love you all so very much as you continue to support us with your prayers and words of caring and support.
“For God has said, I will never leave you; I will never abandon you.” Hebrews 13:5 ….resting in this promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment