It’s been almost a year since we’ve posted updates here. I could not bring myself to write any posts, or even visit the blog. But now I think it’s time to update all those of you that Steve, I, and the girls hold so dear.
We've had a good year and Steve continued to improve after surgery, even body surfing in July. He pretty much “held his own” throughout the rest of the year and we have been blessed with many “new normal” days and many wonderful times with family and friends.
Around the holidays he started feeling more and more tired, losing some weight, and then having some pain. He started on some rather low dosage pain pills and we began spending more days at home so he could rest. This trend has continued as the cancer progresses. Occasionally we get out and run errands, and once in a while see a movie, but he’s most comfortable when he can be home. We spend a lot of time on our patio just talking, or watching tv shows together. I currently have him hooked on Dancing With The Stars and Celebrity Apprentice. ok, and American Idol.
As the dosage of the pain pills is increased, his appetite suffers but he has small amounts of softer foods throughout the day, even eating fresh blueberry pancakes occassionally, however weight loss continues.
There should be more to say, but when I try to write, it seems that I have no words.
As always, we treasure your love, friendship and prayers and welcome your guestbook comments, blog comments, emails, facebook comments and calls. The email I'll be checking is ksagehorn@adelphia.net
Love,
~ Keren, for Steve
I Peter 5:7 “Casting all your cares on Him, for He cares for you.” ….one of the first verses I learned as a child, and oh so precious now.
No comments:
Post a Comment